This article will teach you how to create and use Check Steps. Halligan currently offers three different kinds of Check Steps:
Checklist Step Category
Categories allow you to group Check Steps together. Note that you can put multiple different kinds of Check Steps within the same Category.
You can create a new Category by dragging and dropping a Catagory block onto the checklist.
To rearrange a check, simply drag and drop it to where you want it to be. Note - checks can only be rearranged from within the same category.
Pass/Fail checklist steps give options the ability to pass or fail an inspection step. They also allow you to autogenerate a work order if something goes wrong. To do this you need to map a ticket type
- Check - The primary text of the check
- Details - Any additional information you want to include
- Ticket Type - Configure the system so it auto-generates a work order on failure. Work orders will not be created if there is already a failure on that check step.
Equipment checklist steps allow you to place references to your equipment pools and items in your checklist. On submitting a report it will assign all equipment inspected to that truck, and record an event in the Item Log. This way you will get an accurate accounting of where equipment has been seen, and improved reporting.
In order to add Equipment Checklist Steps to a report, you first must add equipment.
There are two ways you can setup an Equipment Checklist Step:
- Floating Equipment - Some equipment on your truck might float between trucks and stations. A perfect example of this are SCBA bottles. Leave 'Assign Equipment Item' dropdown blank to allow users to select which Equipment Item they are inspecting during the time of the check report. They can choose the item by barcode scanning during the check or doing it manually (seen in the image below).
- Assigned Equipment - Much of your equipment is assigned to a single truck - like chainsaws, cutters and spreaders, ladders, etc. If that is the case, choose to assign a specific equipment item to the checklist step. When completing a report users will not have the option to select an equipment item.
Numeric Checklist steps are useful for collecting and reporting on numbers that should be tracked on each report. Some examples are Mileage and pump hours. You can create as many Numeric steps as you need by just starting to type in the box (see below). There are three special Numeric steps that are considered Meter Readings.
Measurable steps show as a box on the checklist
Select check steps allow users to select an option from a dropdown while creating the report. It is good for things like Fluid Levels [1/4, 1/2, 3/4, Full].
To add a Select check step to a checklist you must first create the Select check step. You can re-use your select check step across all your departments checklists. Create new Select check steps by clicking 'Manage Select Steps'.
Compartment check steps embed the compartments you have built for Inventory.